Product Support Engineer - Electronics
- Sydney, Australia
At RØDE Microphones we are Passionate about Audio
Do you want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today? Are you interested in using your expertise to challenge yourself and the industry, designing and building precision tools of creativity for a hungry world market? RØDE Microphones is looking for a passionate, talented and dedicated Product Support Engineer to join our rapidly-growing manufacturing team, working in our state-of-the-art production facilities in Sydney.
The Production Support Engineer will be responsible for providing support to resolve technical issues by continuously engaging with the manufacturing team and other stake holders.
You will be challenged to rise above the ordinary
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include
- Pursuing innovative ideas to improve productivity
- Maintaining interaction with production staff and develop workable solutions to technical issues.
- Ensuring maintenance, repair, and replacement of production equipment is carried out on timely manner.
- Documenting improved process learnings and share best practices with the team.
- Studying and recommending corrective actions for enhancing manufacturing efficiency
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and document PCBA’s having failures on production Acoustic, RF, and electronic automated test equipment (ATE).
- Monitor the failure rate of PCBA’s then investigate and recommend fixes to reduce rejects.
- Ensuring all electrical/electronic tools and equipment are properly working, maintained and continuously improved.
- Assemble and build various smart electronic tools and jigs with guidance from electronic engineer team lead to aide production operators.
- Complying with all obligations under Work Health and Safety Legislation.
The tools you bring will be enhanced by our Technology
We require someone with the following
- Good technical understanding of manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated understanding of electronic circuit diagrams.
- Significant experience in fault finding electronic circuits.
- Demonstrated experience using electronic tools such as multi meters and oscilloscopes.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to solder, the ability to micro solder will be highly regarded.
- Advanced computer literacy, familiar with Microsoft office tools.
- Significant experience reporting on issues and fixes.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Experience or interest in audio is desirable.
- At least 3 years experience using Altium
- Advanced diploma or engineering degree (Electrica/Electronics)
- Analytical mind
- Exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to think laterally
- Results oriented and process driven
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to enable the development of good working relationships with internal departments and external customers
- A solid understanding of MS Office, especially MS project
- CAD/3D modelling skills (preferable)
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Capable of driving ideas/projects forward.
- Ability to work effectively to meet agreed timelines on project activities.
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. Do you want to be part of one of the most exciting, forward thinking companies in Australia? Then Send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to be the next person to join the RØDE team.
RØDE values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.